Brian Dodd - Entrepreneur
In my roaring twenties I worked in various businesses, from accounting,
sales, farming and fishing, warehouse man, and even a stint as a
I worked at all levels from mending fences to management. This gave me
a firm foundation for my entrepreneurship. Then in 1969 I became an
So, using the power of my analytical mind and vast experience and education; I
will use the following techniques to advance my Visions. Employing the
tools of the Internet, Wikis, Mass Collaboration, combined with sound
the SMART [Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic, Timely] method the
Teams will build superior plans.
of the Plan
As President John Kennedy said "Gather enough answers, and the decision
will be made for you", that is how I will choose the businesses for my
partners and I to get involved in.
Some of the Internet Tools I use or plan to use are:
- Wikia - a way of mass collaboration from any part of the world.
- Blogs - a method of publishing your thoughts, goals, and knowledge to the world.
- SocialText.com - an Internet method of using both external and internal Wikis
- FreeConference.com -
a method of handling Conference calls, using the telephone system. Has
recording of calls and up to 150 callers simultaneously.
- Skype - Internet Telephone and Video, also Conference calling.
- OpenOffice.org - a FREE and leading open source office productivity suite. Includes Write, Calc, Base to name a few.
- Google Docs - Create professional documents, spreadsheets, and presentations; working in collaboration online with your team.
- FireFox - a FREE web browser, that is faster than the competition.
- ThunderBird - a FREE email program, with excellent organization and search features. You can even save and delete your attachments.
- Linux/IBM - computer
operating system. Linux has flexibility, choice, and is world
class enterprise operating system. Community innovation integrates
leading edge technologies and best practices into Linux.
This page is (c) Copyrighted by Brian Dodd April 2008-2011, all rights reserved [Contact] [ Revised Dec 11/11]